View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
LZScout

I had the same problem on my first trip out and my answer came back to propane pressure. Yes the stove works, but does it really? Seems the propane regulator is picky about how fast you turn it on. Too fast, it does something to limit the flow which our fridges don't like. Since I've discovered the issue, I've turned on my propane VERY SLOWLY, and haven't had a problem since. I followed the following (which I found somewhere) to correct the limited flow problem:

Resolution:

1. Shut off gas valves to tank(s) if you have more than 1. In my case I have (2) 30 lb tanks with one regulator with a manual divert-er controlling both.

2. Disconnect the gas line to the tank(s), notice you may be able to hear the gas bled from the hose.

3. Ensure your regulator is on for the primary tank (or the tank that has gas and you want to draw from).

4. Reconnect both tanks.

5. Very slowly turn the gas back on, you should be able to hear the gas recharge the line.

6. Now hit the on/off switch to turn on your hot water or furnace.
(Or fridge!)

What just happened?

Apparently (by my assessment) the gas regulators control the flow of gas from the tanks to devices...dah. The regulator internal valves sometimes will stick or malfunction. Hence...no gas flow to devices that require high-volume, i.e. furnace or hot water heater. Your stove doesn't require high-volume. By releasing the gas from the lines it also releases the internal valve pressure from the regulator. Hence resetting the regulator."

Hope this helps!

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote