View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
Dreamsongs

Thanks,

Alberta, my tank has a three way valve behind the hot water tank. It is accessed through a hatch inside of my camper.

In one position the valve allows water to enter the hot water tank, or in the other position by passes the hot water tank. This allows us to winterize the unit.

Last season when I winterized my unit, I placed the valve back into the position that allows water to enter the tank.

So this season when I went to de- winterize my unit, I placed the valve back into the bypass position by mistake. I then opened up all the hot water faucets in my camper and I had water however, water was not going through the hot water tank. I guess I fooled myself :-)

Before you turn the electricity on your hot water tank, open the relief valve located in the top of your access hatch outside of the camper. This will allow air to escape and make sure that you have water in the tank.

Festus,

I always have lukewarm water when turning the electricity on first. I know that the heating element is at least partially operating.

I'm sure that the heating element is toast.

I do wonder why the propane does not heat the water up the way it used to.

Thanks for everybody's replies!

Dave

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Dreamsongs is offline   Reply With Quote