View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I haven't heard of your problem with any regularity, but when you think about the system, it's really very simple. There is a hole cut in the top with a fitting glued to it for the toilet to connect. On the other end is a hole cut in the side with a fitting glued to it for the dump valve to connect. There is a vent pipe out the top of the tank to the roof (it probably wouldn't be leaking) and there's a hole cut in the side for the black tank flush system. Other than that, the only "holes" are the sending units for the level gage. They are "screw-welded" into the tank and I've never heard of them leaking, especially leaking enough to fill the belly with waste. There's a chance that the factory installed a tank strap and screwed into the tank, but it should have started leaking when first used.

Unless one of the fittings came loose, the only other potential is a ruptured or split tank. I can't think of anything else that could be leaking. It's all a glued together closed system except for the vent stack which is glued on the bottom but open on the top.

Hopefully the maintenance crew will get it identified and repaired quickly.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote