View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Hankpage is right on. Breakers and fuses are used to protect two different power sources being 120VAC and 12VDC. My rig actually has a breaker for the 12VDC converter. As stated by the OP fuses protect the rigs 12VDC circuits whereas breakers are used to protect the 120VAC circuits. I do not understand why if not blown as indicated by the red led being on, you would want to replace the fuses. Fuses need to be replaced with ones of equal size (amps) and type. I do not recall a switch next to each fuse on my rig. I would assume it is there to turn off the power to that circuit instead of removing the fuse. As far as replacing a fuse if you turn that switch off before you remove the fuse there is no load and therefore no chance of any arcing as the fuse is removed or inserted. As previously stated if for some reason you want to shut off all power to the fuses (12VDC) the converter must be off by either turning the breaker off to the converter or removing all AC power by disconnecting shore power or turning the generator off. Other source of 12VDC would be your batteries which would need to be disconnected, think your battery disconnect switch can be used. Taking lead off the battery definitely will.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote