View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #16
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfernclan View Post
Thanks again for all of the tips and tricks. All good things to consider. Now I'm almost thinking of wiring in a pigtail to the batteries and just having a connector mounted to the tongue. Plug in controller, plug in panel and go with it. Of course, have a cable and lock to stop it from running away. We don't use a huge amount of power, just looking for something to bring the batteries back a bit if we decide to watch a movie or something. As far as adjusting it, I'm getting old a feeling it more and more. Sitting in camp having a cold one or two as I adjust the panel as the wife walks around the lake sounds pretty good
I'm all for the "KISS" policy in mods of this type. If you're thinking of mounting the panel on plywood and making a sandwich sign type of stand then good. You can mount the controller on the backside out of the weather. The closer to the panel the better.#10 wire from the controller to the sidewall solar port. The port wires directly to the battery distribution block with a 10a inline fuse. That's all you need to park, set up and charge the batteries.
If you want to watch a little TV, I'd suggest running #10 wire from your battery distribution block to your entertainment center and installing a 500/750w inverter just for the TV. Simple, easy and inexpensive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3941 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	24874  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote