View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Smitty

Auxillary gas line with quick connect

Got another one going on. I have an auxillary propane gas line that runs from the drivers side gas tank and then runs exposed across the front of the trailer which sticks out on the passenger side with a gate valve and quick connect fitting. I purchased two ready made hoses from two different places (the last one costing over $50.00) with a quick connect fitting on one end with the other end having the same size fitting as the small disposable propane tanks have, which then goes into your appliance. What happens is that I get very low pressure from it. I've tried everything to no avail. What I hadn't done is open the driver's side propane tank valve. I always leave that one closed to keep it more or less as a spare. A friend of mine has the exact same fifth wheel as mine which he purchased late last fall of which he put in storage within weeks after he got it so he never got to make his maiden voyage until last weekend. I told him about the gas line and he spoke with the RV Service Mgr at our local Keystone dealer and he told him the driver's side propane tank needs to be open because the piping on this gas line is connected to that tank which is piped in before the low pressure regulator. Makes sense - I never open that tank. He bought the hose, made his maiden voyage last weekend and called me last night and has the same exact problem that I've had. Very very low pressure on his appliance. He said he could hardly see the flame. This one has us both stumpped. Any one else with this problem? Forgot to mention that the fitting that goes into the appliance has a valve in it similar to a valve in a tire. The type you have to push to make the air come out. When you open the gate valve, and push on the valve gas seems to come out but I cannot tell if it's really the proper amount to make a stove burn right or not, all I know is that I've tried 3 different things on the end of this hose and none work. I even tried a propane torch (one that you screw onto one of those disposable tanks) and a low low flame just comes out of it, one you can hardly see.