View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
greengiant

When I looked at the gas sticky before, I didn't catch anything about that fitting, but I will look again. I've searched the forum for other threads on adding quick connects but never could find anyone mentioning that fitting or transition. I also looked online at the same places I saw the QC fittings, but I wasn't able to find it, and I wanted it too soon to allow delivery if I did find the exact one.

Good news is that I think my local propane guy set me up with a proper replacement (see photo) Took two fittings to do it, but should work. Got the proper paste to seal as well. I have soapy water to check for leaks.
From right to left, 1/2"x1/2" female coupler, 1/2" male x 1/4" female bushing, 1/4"x1/4" nipple, and QC. Above is the fitting from the original. The propane guy actually noticed that original fitting was cracked down clear to the bottom of the threads which I would say is from the factory tightening??? I only removed it last week and had never touched it before. So I had to buy two sets of the fittings. In hindsight, guess I didn't need to buy the brass couplers cause I can just thread the bushing right into the T, but at the time I was juggling the kids and wanted to get out before they broke something in the store

I made due with one quick connect last year, but there were too many times where I wanted to run both the cook top on the outside kitchen and the grill at the same time, or I was climbing under the open kitchen slide to swap hoses 3 or 4 times a weekend. So I hope to get it connected for this coming weekend to try it out.
Thanks for the input! I hope my post is able to help someone else down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0238.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	5531  
greengiant is offline   Reply With Quote