View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
MontanaMike

I bought a 2015 Carbon 357 (pin weight 3100lbs) and it's a great toy hauler. No problems with it a year and a half later. Your mileage may vary.

I had a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 (CTD) when I bought and it really wasn't enough truck and I wasn't interested in risking life/limbs and money on towing with an underrated vehicle.. I ended up getting a 2015 Ram 3500 (CTD single axle long box) and so far, it's been a great experience pulling the 357. My 3500 is my daily driver as well and it's not too bad on the kidneys. ;-) My suggestion: get a bigger truck but you don't need a dually. Not sure what Fords load rating its but my single axle RAM 3500 is rated at almost 4400 pounds which with my family, fuel, etc, should be pretty close to max.

B&W makes a great hitch. I had my new truck equipped with the B&W turn-over ball and companion hitch. Easy hook ups, towing and, more importantly, easy unhooking. I don't have any experience with the slider but if it's anything like their other hitches, it should be great.

Note: A guy down my street whom I don't know bought an Impact 361 which is essentially the same as the Carbon 357 (with some upgrades it looks like) and was towing it with a mid-2000's Dodge 2500 much like I was. As far as I can tell, he had about 3 trips into when a brand new Ram 3500 with new vehicle stickers on it showed and the old 2500 has been MIA. I assume he did the same thing I did and discovered that a RV of that size needs something more to tow it. I think he's a pro truck driver as well. Really cements my year-old argument with the wife on the why we needed a new truck. ;-)
2010 Polaris Sportsman 550X2
MontanaMike is offline   Reply With Quote