View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
evanhix

Buying a Carbon 357 - Have questions.

Good day, I am new to this forum and have a few questions that maybe some of you can answer. I am upgrading from an Attitude bumper pull toy hauler to a 5th wheel. We have decided on a Carbon 357 because we had a specific set of needs that it meets.

First, I am looking for some feedback on the trailer? I hope we have made a good decision.

The second, more serious question, I have a stock 2015 F-250 4x4 CC 6.7l. I know that this trailer will overload it on the pin weight, but I just can't justify buying a daully to tow 5-6 times a year. My truck is a daily driver and I couldn't even get into the employee parking lot at work with a daully. I have read many threads and I know the overwhelming response is that it is not a good idea. I guess my question is, how many of you out there are safely and successfully towing a similar rig without problems? I live in southern California and see larger rigs than the Carbon we are purchasing being towed with F-250s. I know it doesn't make it ideal but those of you who are experienced with a similar set up, what modifications have you made to your trucks to handle the increased load?

Third, I have chosen a B&W companion slider. Any feedback on this hitch?

I'm just looking for some positive responses to validate my decision.

Thank you in advance.
evanhix is offline   Reply With Quote