View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #8
TheGriz

This place is great! I post my issue and in four hours I have several valid suggestions in return...the Brain Trust doesn't disappoint!!!

I went out yesterday after reading the above suggestions. I liked the idea of rotating the Power Jack. So out came the three bolts securing the jack to the A-Frame, and rotated the power head 120 degrees. Unfortunately that just won't work...the head significantly impacts the protective shroud around the two 30lb LP tanks, and the three bolt holes no longer line up.

BTW...the main shaft of the jack fits through a hole in the A-Frame with little play. So moving it back slightly isn't an option without cutting into frame to enlarge hole.

Rotating the head only 90 degrees will clear the tailgate and the LP tank shroud. But that is going to require some type of additional fabrication, welding, and drilling holes. I have a nice welder, Millermatic 211 MVP, that would be very sufficient for the job. But my welding skills are nothing I like to show off. I have to think about whether I want to tackle the job or take it to my buddy who is a professional welder and artist with steel...if I want to do it at all. Brand new unit, warranties, structural integrity keep running through my head!

Extending the shank via whatever method will mess with tow capacity. So I lean away from that option.

I tried the 2 lb. sledge approach but it didn't budge. Freaking thing came back and hit me right square in the head. Thank God I couldn't find my 8lb sledge!!!

Anyway, any other thoughts out there?

Thank you for everything so far!
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171031_155009_resized.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	14469   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171031_155053_resized.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	14470  

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote