View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I agree with Hank. From what I saw at the factory and from the construction of my slides in the Springdale and the Cougar, that's not normal. At the factory, the slides I saw in construction were all "vacuum formed foam core" construction and there was no "free floating" sidewall on any of them. I'd be concerned with the seal wipers rubbing against those "high areas" damaging the wipers and excessively wearing the FILON.

Hank suggested sending the pictures to the dealer. I'd do that, also make an appointment for the dealer to inspect it and I'd also send the photos to Keystone (from the customer section of their website). I do believe you're going to meet with some resistance (or maybe just reluctance) from the dealer and from Keystone, but I'd insist this issue be addressed and repaired. Remember, once the warranty has ended, you'll have an almost impossible battle getting Keystone to do anything. Even if it's documented during the warranty and not repaired, you're facing an uphill battle. I'd insist they fix it now, not "defer with documentation" for any repairs after the warranty.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote