View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #17
mstat

Re: Heat or lack of ??

PaulandJan,
Welcome from St Charles. I too was very unhappy with how the heat worked in our 2014-2015 33RES, but I was maybe luckier. I found out at home

Took multiple trips back to the dealer and a bit of work on my part but they finally fixed it.

Couple of things:

Is the furnace burner shutting off then relighting after a period of time with the fan running the whole time? If so it's most likely going out on the high temperature limiter. Ours was.

The register at the end of the kitchen counter. Does the ductwork connect on the street side or curb side? Register in bathroom: Ductwork connect from the front or rear?

I was able to measure the static pressure in the furnace and found that it was way above what was supposed to be. Meaning the air flow was really restricted. It's on a furnace label what the max is supposed to be. I'm thinking something like 0.2in water. Isn't much. I was able to measure it with some equipment I borrowed from work. Outlet temperature was also really high.

The furnace has three outlets on the right side when facing forward. The ductwork is so crimped making the 90 downward bend that it really cuts down on the air flow. Plus I found a lot of extra duct above the bottom skin.

Final fixes were: Dealer installed actual metal elbows at the furnace to remove the crimp, and reversed the registers at the kitchen and bath which allowed rerouting and removal of alot of the extra duct.

Now furnace runs without tripping temperature limiter and keeps trailer warm.

When I saw the date of your posting, we left Branson on the 17th of November.

Writing to Keystone may not help. Talk to the dealer. And seeing you are from Columbia MO, I can figure out which one it was. There is a good chance we brought ours from them also.

Good Luck
mstat is offline   Reply With Quote