Thread: TT Insurance
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #19
{tpc}

Well I signed up just after we got the trailer. Needing gear and seeing the thing on the webpage "sign up and save XX percent today" got me to sign up. When I signed up, they took my money just fine, but left no way to get the account number or any way to "save today", and I wanted to order online. From what I hear, it was better I did not.

Anyways, I finally got the account number and was told it might take 2-3 weeks to get the card...I find this ridiculous at best. But I got the number. So I call up the closest place, and they take down everything I want, put it in a cart to hold for me to pickup the next week.

I go on my lunch break, with just enough time to pick up stuff and go back. They had most of the stuff I wanted but I had to go search for a cpl things they forgot. No biggie. Get to the counter...plug in the number...can't find me in the system. 20 min...30 min..find me in the system but my account says it is expired. Can't find the manager or anyone who knew how to use the system...another 20 - 30 min, they finally just agree to give me the discounted price manually. But that can't happen all at once because of the system.

So they proceed to take the 20 or 30 items I was buying and one at a time painfully go through 3 screens to get to the spot where they could turn a key and plug in a number to get me the right price...something like that. I think I had 2 1/2 hr lunch that day.

I'm glad I didn't order online though, no way I would have got it in time, and they don't have a way to expedite shipping? Maybe they do now, or maybe they did then and I couldn't find it. I don't know.

I do like browsing the catalogs they send, but I've find that 9 times out of 10 I can get the same stuff cheaper and faster from amazon or a local retailer other than them.