View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 05:13 AM   #33
jasin1

I have a tank that I picked up for $150 (a steal) better built brand with a pump..we use that to top off fuel in my sons boat but it’s pretty rough looking and too big to go in my new truck. I use my old beater truck for that ..I used to drive straight through to the keys from my house ..about a 1000 miles or so with a 20 min nap hear and there at rest stops. Those days are over for me ..I was watching kyd on YouTube and they mentioned the 3:30 rule .. drive for 330 miles or until 3:30 pm.. I’m gonna try that this trip and see if I can be patient and not get too antsy to get back on the road. I stop at truck stops for fuel and my new truck has the 50 gallon tank option.. I may look for a really nice 5 gallon jerry can for emergency diesel for now just in case. We like to stop and stretch our legs every few hours as well so stopping at a truck stop so far has not been a problem. I think if and when we go west I will get one and get a pump because I like the idea of taking it out when I’m not traveling and not having a hose laying in the bed when the tank is gone.