View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life-in-Him View Post
Hard for some to understand.

-1, windchill -14 this am.

For those fearing being too close to #27 dropping her calf this morning, running from old Apex the bull, or chipping ice from either stock tank we have an alternate vaccination plan:
Roll down your windows (yes all of then) , slow down to 15mph, & drive downwind (it's only 25mph now) past the 1/4 million head of cattle in the feed lot a few times.

That'll help your immunity blossom.

T
When we were first married, my DW (city girl that she was) had never been near a feed lot, much less down wind of one.... We visited Uncle Clyde and Aunt Lilly, who owned a dairy farm. We got to their house about 2PM, just as Uncle Clyde was walking out to the pasture to herd the cows to the milking parlor. Aunt Lilly hugged my new bride, invited her to come with her to the barn while Uncle Clyde and I went the other direction.

To make a long story short, when we got back to my parent's home, DW stripped off everything, it all went into the trash as she wrapped a towel around herself (on the back porch) and headed to the bathroom. She took, what I believe, is still the record longest shower in Kentwood history.... Needless to say, her "immune system" was not only shocked, but "boldly enhanced" that day.....

No longer does it bother her sensibilities when we drive past a feed lot or a cattle auction barn.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote