View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 07:33 PM   #27
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselMike View Post
$40.00 an hour is not enough for an experienced tech today IMHO.
$83,200 is not going to cut it for someone who can weld, perform diagnostics, complete competant repairs with first pass yield results, electrical, plumbing, engineering up-grades to poor designs form the manufacture nand the list goes on.

I’m a contractor with plumbing, welding, electrical, hydraulics, concrete, carpentry, auto mechanics, designing and i’m getting tired at age 53...When you find someone who can do 3-4 of those trades, they will make 135K per year period. The baby boomers retired, and the new kids on the block dont have experience. I would gladly pay $150 per hour if the tech was competent, can fix the problem the first time in a reasonable amount of time verse paying $100 per hour and taking 2 weeks due to zero experience and it still not get fixed right. I know there are a lot of people who have a tool box and can fix things, but in many cases they are limited. On this site, there is a lot of great people with lots of experience and support hands down.
Where can I apply? I can do all the above.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote