View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 06:48 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH View Post
Hi Tim. No I have not dealt with this issue. The trailer is in storage and I have been ignoring it. Thank you for reminding me! I will go to a nearby glass shop and ask them if they can square it up if I bring the door to them. They may be less likely to shatter the glass than I am. I will post results here if I correct it.
I thought you had stopped responding to this issue so I didn't post anything to a "dead thread"... Now that you're back, in response to your comment that you can't understand why a single piece of glass can "sag"....

The glass is "floating in a bed of putty/glazing"... The glass didn't sag, but the aluminum frame around the glass "sagged enough to get out of square"... You might be able to "push it back into square" with an extended pipe clamp system, if you remove the door from the trailer, lay it flat and use a pipe clamp to GENTLY pull the door diagonally to "square it up again".... It likely will eventually sag again, but it should get you through another year or two...

The "eventual fix" would likely be to deconstruct the door, replace the glazing and reassemble the door using new hardware"... Or, order a new door assembly and replace it. Neither would assure a "permanent, long lasting fix"... Putty/glazing is going to allow the aluminum frame to sag, the weight of the glass is going to always be an issue with "future sagging".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote