View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Bob Landry

Someone will want to jump in here and talk about the size of commercial and industrial fittings, (it's happened before)so for all interested, this is about RVs. The common sizes used are 1/4" & 3/8".

If you remove the regulator from your Weber grill,(some disassemly required, but it's easy) the size or the male QC fitting is 1/4" with 1/4" NPT threads. Attach it using yellow thread tape.Attach the female part to your hose. You may have to use an additional fitting to mate the female part to your propane hose, but everybody sells brass fittings and you won't have any problem finding what you need. On the trailer end, the gas QC on my Outback is also 1/4". Your's is probably the same. I found the tag on mine that said it was made by Fairview fittings. I Googled and found an on-line dealer that sold those fittings and was able to order just a 1/4" male part to a QC. Another brass fitting adapted it to my grill hose and since my grill hose has the same size male fitting as the hose on the outdoor kitchen, I can use either the outdoor cookstove or the weber grill off of the same QC.(Not at the same time) I tried to find the name of the outfit I ordered the male fitting from, but I couldn't, but Google search will show several. I'll look around again and if I can find it, I'll post it. Hope this helps.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote