Thread: Sealants
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 06:22 AM   #21
Acaines

All input is being taken and has been beneficial. I know some people ask questions with the goal of affirmation, not information. The rub in this thread has centered around money... I mentioned the money bit in my OP because I'm wading through an endless list of things that need to be purchased before we start taking our TT on the road. When I ask questions on the basis of price I prefer answers from those who have no financial stake in my decision. I've seen where if a manufacturer stamps "for RV use" on his product the price doubles at least. As I said earlier, I'm trying to separate the genuine article from the gimmick.

You all have, in this case, shown me that actual lap sealant is the genuine article. I hadn't even heard the term lap sealant until I opened this thread. *edit* I had seen the term lap sealant but it didn't register with me until I opened this thread.

Another example of not skimping is in my search for a weight distribution hitch. I've looked at many online and on the store shelf. Wide range of prices. Of course I can get something with the specs I'm looking for for >$200 online but that requires me to depend on a photo. I found a setup at a local dealer that I could see and handle. He showed me all the parts that was included in the price. I could see by the construction of the bars in particular that this was a beefy hitch. It is $150 more than the online special and $75 more than the boxed up special at another retailer. I'm going with the dealer's hitch hopefully this weekend.
Acaines is offline   Reply With Quote