View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
suza

Hello from Oregon

We are proud new owners of a 2014 Cougar 5th-wheel 279RKSWE living on the beautiful southern Oregon coast, the perfect venue for RVs.

In the past we have been only casual RVers, inheriting a 1996 Nash 23ft TT. I hated the floor plan. Galley kitchen, terrible bed, shower/tub resembling a packing crate . . . the list goes on. Once inside, you had to stay seated or you were in the way. Not the best camping experience. I'm amazed that they still make trailers with this floor plan , but they do.

My husband and I are recently retired and getting the itch to do some traveling. We love the outdoors, so DH said, "find an RV you like, just make sure it's a 5th-wheel and not too big" Of course he had a plan since this also required a new tow vehicle. Hard to tow a 5th-wheel with a Ford Expedition

Long story short, I fell in love with the kitchen in the 279RK. The sacrifice was having only one swivel rocker, but I'm happy on the sofa, as long as I have lots of room to cook. And, I love the big rear window in the kitchen.

We had to wait a while to bring our baby home (boy, was that hard), since it was a week before the dealer could install the hitch in our new PU. Yes, hubby has his first-ever, brand-new PU and he's so happy Its a Silver 2013 Ford F-350 Super Duty, Powerstroke, 4wd, longbed, crew cab. Also a good thing, because we have a ranch and were in desperate need of a decent "farm PU".

I have had fun, the past couple of weeks, outfitting the RV. We spent Memorial Day weekend at our private campground with a few family members, getting to know our Cougar before taking her on a trip. Next week we are spending a couple of days at Loon Lake Campground (up the coast) dry camping, then celebrating our anniversary the following week at lovely Powers Park nearby - with water & power hook-ups. This should give us a chance to work out any bugs before venturing too far from home.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and adventures with everyone on the forum.

Ray Huff (retired milk truck driver)
Susan Huff (retired school business manager)
Myrtle Point, OR
suza is offline   Reply With Quote