Thread: Newb
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
amosher13

cool, yeah i figured that was the way to go, i'll get that sealed up tomorrow then. i did leave a small door-ish panel to pull the valves and was actually able to get the little $15 space heater i got at walmart in that way too. and yeah its one with a fan. i had just heard of that $40 one but yeah only would get that for inside. good thing about here is we are up on a hill and its sunny all day so the ground is quite dry, its all rocks and dirt so thats nice.

so thanks again, very valuable input and thanks for sticking with me. the initial moment realizing you dont have water or your tanks wont drain is a bit depressing but you get used to living how you have to, and yes i feel like i've been able to make some progress so hopefully it pays off.

edit: woot! everything seems freed up, water is running and all tanks were able to drain! so psyched, still have to seal up under the stairs good but i placed some panels there to at least block a little until i can finish up. only one issue left, lol. i left the black tank valve open so it would drain when able and i'm pretty sure it did. no other valves were open and there was stuff in the hose outside (still want to set it up on a ramp since when the hose fills it weighs down and the ground inlet is slightly uphill). the inside light panel doesnt show accurately for the black tank (or hasn't) but now shows empty, BUT, i can "see" water/paper etc... backed up pretty high when flushing the toilet (this is a great conversation isnt' it?). thinking its just in the pipe leading to the tank, hoping that i guess. is it dangerous for the tank if i take like a coat hanger and try to loosen it?

also, i read on another blog site that a guy wraps his sewer hose in heat tape and insulation and leaves the valves open all winter. says then the tanks have nothing to freeze and the heat tape keeps the sewer line thawed. anyone doing similar? i was told to leave the valves closed and flush black and then grays when 2/3 full or more. then i lift the hose to make sure it empties. would be nice if i could skip all that and just live without pulling valves every week, lol.

wow, so nice just to have running water again.
amosher13 is offline   Reply With Quote