View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
Outbackmel

Lightbulb Winterizing and welcome

Someone with a similar unit will surely respond. It's really not hard and you need to not be dependent on CW or any dealer for services. For starters. Go to Walmart and buy about 4 gallons of anti freeze. Second, really first, get that small inexpensive air compressor and use it. You can buy a portable compressor which will have enough psi for tires on rv and King Ranch for around $50 with attachments. Learn QUICKLY how to drain that hot water tank, find the hot water heater bypass valve, and generally 3 protruding tubes UNDER the rig. They have caps and water must be released or they will crack.
You will want to consider the kit that installs on your water pump for winterizing made ez. Takes 20 mins to put on. No brainer to install.
Last; a warning. If you have had cold temps, there may be damage from freezing at any fitting area. Especially if plastic. First chance you get, go inside and have someone turn the water on. YOU look for incoming water. I broke a line at the top rear of my toilet 2 yrs ago. Caught it before flooding the rv or damage.
These are BASIC tips. Make your first trip south a good one. When coming home, the last morning below projected freeze warning, winterize that rig. We choose to use bottled water for those occasions. Then all you have to do is drain tanks and add small amount of rv antifreeze into traps and toilet.

Seems like a lot, not really, i use and re winterize mine 3 or 4 times during winter. Takes 30 minutes once you have tools and process down pat.

Welcome and safe travels.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote