View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

prootz -
A word of caution about the "Polar Package". I too have that same sticker applied to my Cougar and if you were to take the time to do a forum search on this package (see Arctic package, Polar Package, etc.), you will find numerous posts outlining exactly what this designation really means. Do not be misled into thinking that your RV is safe without taking the normal winterizing precautions while it is sitting there in freezing temps - even for short periods.

Having a space heater running will not protect your water lines and pump from freezing up if you were to experience a sudden cold snap with freezing temps. You do not want your lines to freeze - not at all pleasant nor cheap.

I'm not going into the Arctic/Polar Package discussion here - it has been given quite a thorough examination on the forum. Briefly, it is a promotional/advertising gimmick which leads one to believe that the RV is able to withstand sub-zero temps on its own merit. It cannot. An oil-filled heater won't keep the pipes beneath the floor and in the storage compartments from freezing.