View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 07:04 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglejim View Post
Sourdough I appreciate the concern for sure and I plan on purchasing a truck in the not to distant future. So I have the R51 pathfinder with a 6k factory tow package and airlift airbags.The trailer has a dry weight of 5100~ lbs , we plan to lot fill the tanks for now untill we have a larger tow vehicle. The furthest trip we have planned is about 200 miles away and an easy drive. I'm hoping that by staying under our max tow weight we should be able to accomplish
Our planned trips untill we purchase a 3/4 ton truck. What are your thoughts with the more complete picture?
The Pathfinder was never meant to tow anything other than a small utility trailer. Looked at them many times as well as the Armada. They are not tow vehicles. Narrow, lightweight and short wheelbase = bad towing experience.

Air bags do not increase tow capability, they offer some assistance in weight leveling but that's it. In fact, the weight of the air bags themselves are deducted from the payload capacity listed inside your driver door - what is that...11-1300lbs. (guessing)? Safety has to be the top priority.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote