View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 08:54 PM   #1
SargeW

Changing out the bathroom vent

So more mods on the TT. Changed out the cheapo manual hand crank vent with the 4" fan in the bath to a Maxxair vent with remote. The PIA was getting the old one off with the excessive Dicor that the factory used to glue the old one down ( along with 32 screws!)

The Dicor was so sticky that it deformed the paper thin EPDM roof around the vent while trying to get it to release. It's been a long time since I had a EPDM roof on a RV, but I sure don't remember them being that paper thin. So after I got the old one off and cleaned up as best as I could, the install of the new one was a breeze. In order to address the messed up roof material around the vent, I picked up some 4" Eternabond type tape. I put down a layer around the entire vent, 3/16" away from the fan. Then I finished it with a bead of Dicor around the vent and all of the screws. It should be there for a long time, and the DW loves being able to control the vent without having to stand on the toilet.

I also have a Maxxair vent cover coming to attach to the fan. Amazon loves me lately...

Next I start on the washer/dryer install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vent 3.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	43305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent 2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	43306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Maxxair vent.jpg
Views:	87