View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 07:09 AM   #8
dutchmensport

Not an e-Bike, but regular bicycles....

I considered all sorts of options with our current Montana Fifth Wheel. Although my Montana has a hitch (which is suitable for carrying bicycles or a cargo carrier), it would cover up the door to my rear hatch. And that is where I keep all my wood blocks and such, electric wires, and everything needed for setting up camp. It would mean removing the bicycles and the carrier before I could even start to set up the camper. This is not an option.

I considered mounting a receiver on the King Pin box. I considered a front carrier on the truck. And of course, with a fifth wheel, there is no option for the bed of the truck.

So, unlike my last travel trailer that had a usable hitch on the rear of the trailer, I carry my bicycles inside the trailer. After setting up camp, stabilizing and hooking up power, the bicycles are then removed from the camper.

So far, this has worked OK for us for the last 4 years. We do not always travel with the bicycles, but when we do, that's how we do it. And did I mention, one of those bicycles is a tandem bicycle (built for 2)... It's long, but we can still get it inside the trailer.

Well, that's what I'd do. When traveling, put the e-Bikes inside the trailer. When camped, keep them chained up so they won't disappear unwauntingly.