View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
Smitty

We have now had a chance to use our new fifth wheel on several camping trips.I think it just takes a little getting used to. I can't believe how long it is. I call it the white bullet. Do I think it's too big/long, well not on the inside but on the outside, hmmm.. well enough said. I've had no problems backing it into camp sites and we camp at mostly State Campgrounds. I find that the air conditioning outlets are two few. There are only four round ones in the entire fifth wheel. Two in the living area which also take care of the galley, one in the bath and the last in the bedroom, although the vents open directly on the air conditioner itself which is located in the living room ceiling. The diesel pulls the trailer with no problems. All in all, it takes a little getting used to. One other thing that I might mention, when the sun was shining on the passenger side which contains the slide that hold the J sofa and Kitchen counter, I could see sunlight shining inside at the bottom corners of the slide. When I went outside and looked under the slide, I could easily put my finger right into the trailer. The rubber does not seal the corners well at all. Easy place for critters to get inside. I now stuff foam in the bottom corners when the slide is extended. I still need to post pictures and will eventually get to that part.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote