View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #13
woodrow38

We bought our Alpine 3640 in August 2010 and sure like the floor plan. I joined the forum today, so I'm reviewing some of the members experiences.

We have our unit on our daughters property in very cold country of NE Nevada. Therefore, we are not using it much during the winter so we have it winterized. When we go up sometimes we have to haul water until the temperatures start warming up so we can connect to the water system.

Many things we discovered:
Had some warranty work done on trailer in Oct 10 and was a challenge to find a dealer that would do the warranty work as the trailer is 350 miles from our dealer. Lot of the dealers are not interested in the warranty work if you did not buy from them as they explained they do not get anything out of warranty work from the factory and end up loosing money.
1. One of the main warranty items corrected was the front area of the under belly and was bowing down considerably and was working away from the screws. This could have been a serious hazard traveling on the highway if it had broke loose. Warranty dealer got the Okay from factory to install 3 steel cross members across the front area of the under belly.
2. I also had the furnace ducting checked as the living room floor vents were not getting enough heat force. The hallway and bedrooms are getting enough heat force through floor vents. Anyway, dealer could not find anything wrong with a camera they use for checking enclosed areas. Lately I found out from one other member that his Alpine had cripping in the ducting and he corrected it. Although, he recommended to take to a dealer to have corrected as the area to correct is very tight and is way in back of basement panel wall.
Before I new this, the factory told me the heat ducting is Okay because I'm not getting more than 7 degree temp difference in temp in the living room and kitchen. Therefore, the factory would not do any more on this venting. From want I'm finding out from others, I going to pursue the factory about this problem with the heat venting.
3. The labeling of grey, black levers were labeled wrong which cause some very confusing situations when trying to empty the tanks and etc.
4. There were other misc items that were fixed.

Things noticed after warranty work:
1. After I got the unit back from warranty work, I discovered areas in back of the removable wall in the basement storage area. There is one long narrow opening out from the water connection area. This opening is between the under belling material and the out metal frame and next to the water connections, so I stuck some insulation in the area from inside. Hope that keeps the freezing temp out as there were water pipes exposed to this area.
2. Also, located a large round opening in the area of the under belly material that I filled with urathane type spray. This opening was located around where the plumbing extends out. Also, there were small openings around the edges of the front part of the under belly where the screws did not totally secure it tight, that filled with urathane spray.
3. When trying to winterize the unit in November, I discovered the winterizing levers were also mismarked.
4. In the basement storage area, noticed the heat venting in the ceiling did not have a vent opening to heat the area.
5. also, noticed in back of the panel wall of the basement storage by water connection area, there was the heat venting pipe that was cripped cause by other material wrapped around it.

My wife and I have owned different types of RV's the last 25 years. We have had top quality Rv's and every time there are problems on each one including the one we have now. This Alpine has had more problems then our others.

Hope you are having better luck with yours.
Let us know how you doing with your Alpine since January. Mainly interested if you got the freezing of pipes corrected and if you discovered any more areas causing the freezing.

Woody & Joyce
woodrow38 is offline   Reply With Quote