View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 08:03 PM   #46
wborisenok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Our plans changed "at least 15 times" from 2003 when we built our house in Louisiana with plans to winter there, summer in a small cabin up here and fly/drive to destinations as we wanted to see them. Plan was essentially, to rent a condo or just stay in an extended stay hotel as we travel...

There were several "changes as the years progressed" and then in 2008, I decided to retire. DW told me, (with no smile), "We've spent the last 40 years living where the Air Force sent us and where you wanted to live. I'm tired of snakes and alligators in the pool and wild hogs in the back yard. I want to go home and live in Michigan." Well, with her "look" I had no choice but to say, "Yes dear" and VOILA, here we are.... Living the dream, eh ???

Actually, I told her OK, but this time, I'm not spending a winter in Michigan, snowbound in that damn little cabin with you and no way to get out and enjoy the snow and cold.... So, we can do that, but we're building a bigger house and I'm getting all the toys I've been saving for my whole life... I must have hit her at a vulnerable moment because she said "DEAL"... and the rest is history.... I got all the toys, snowmobiles, new boat, tractor, ATV's and UTV's, motorcycle, trailer, truck, pole barns (2 going on 3) to keep it all in and unfortunately, she put her foot down when I stopped at a little private airport in Atlanta, MI to look at a Cessna 182.... That was a "chilling ride home" and I've "sort of stopped looking for an airplane".... (for now)
This is the best example of compromise in marriage I've ever seen. Forwarding to my wife right now.
wborisenok is offline   Reply With Quote