View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 09:45 AM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

I broke my hip playing tennis about 12 years ago. Having to use crutches and a walker for 2 months taught me "real fast" that I don't want to navigate RV steps with crutches and I really don't want to sleep in theater seats when the bed is "3 steps up"... Then there's that pesky thing called needing to go to the bathroom in a fifth wheel.....

For us, RVing is a "while we're healthy" kind of lifestyle. I couldn't imagine being relegated to a walker or a wheelchair or even a "scooter-mobile" and trying to travel in a fifth wheel or motorhome.... Just setup/breaking camp would be a significant hinderance to remaining mobile....

We've got the RV for travel, but we've got the "necessary adaption of a home" if our health changes so that we can't travel any longer.

I'm of the opinion (everybody has one) that the closer to slowing down that I get, the more important having a community of friends, a hospital and healthcare that "knows who I am" and the framework to stay independent even if health status changes is important. I couldn't imagine trying to recover from heart surgery or being stuck in one place for radiation therapy or chemo therapy for several years... and you (at least I) don't want to change oncologists or cardiac surgeons midstream....

Lots to think about "toward the end of a lifetime of full timing....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote