View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 10:34 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

I installed the BAL Lock Arm system on our Cougar. It's a bit different in application but installs the same and has the same "final stability".

I had to modify the front compartment floor (it is thin sheet steel about 16 ga) with a piece of angle iron under the floor with bolts through the lock arm mount, the angle iron stiffener and the bed floor. It's "rock solid" and that took care of the "front end mods".

On the rear, I found a cross member near the rear wall (about 10" behind the bumper) to install the top mount brackets.

All told, it took about 2 hours (not counting for drying time for the angle iron paint). Easy mod that definitely improves the stability when walking around inside the trailer.

I'd suggest that you find a creeper, roll under your trailer, spend a half hour or so, "visualizing" what's there and thinking through the installation of all 6 of the arms (4 on front/2 on rear). If you have one of the arms under the trailer with you, you can "size things up" without having to rely completely on "imagination" to see what fits and what "won't work".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote