View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 09:17 AM   #17
Marineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Higher pressure doesn't equal more volume (flow). With the flow restrictors on faucets and the other restrictions from the valves and elbows I would never recommend 100 psi. Obviously it's your decision but I would advise against it.
Hey flybouy, thanks for the advice. My method of using air pressure is different than others, which is why the actual pressure isn't really an issue with me.

First, by the time I use air pressure almost all of the water is out of the system. I just use the air to remove any remaining small pockets of water that might linger after draining everything.

I also use a blow gun, which is capable of releasing the air as I need it. When my wife opens a line I slowly release the pressure and she let's me know if any water is coming out. Once she tells me that the line is basically clear, I release more pressure to purge that line. When we're done with that line, I turn off all air pressure, she opens the next line, then we do the same with the next one.

Others do theirs different, like keyholeelf said above. He uses a brass quick connect, which connects directly to the compressor hose. Now, if I did it his way I would definitely lower my pressure to around 50 PSI. He turns on the air and goes inside and opens each line by himself so the constant pressure on the closed system is an important issue doing it his way.
Marineman is offline   Reply With Quote