View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
With this in mind I would ask a few minutes of your time to let us know your opinion about 1) overall quality of Keystone products in general and the Laredo in particular. 2) What you like about Keystone and Laredo. 3) What you don’t like and 4) what features/options they offer you wish you had or had not bought. My wife and I would be very grateful for any insight and information you provide and as always happy RVing and be SAFE!
Randy -
Overall, most Keystone buyers have indicated here by means of a poll - taken a while back - that they would buy another Keystone product. In fact, slightly over 90% of those who responded replied "yes" so that may tell you something.

I think I would be right in saying that Keystone products are good value for the money spent. Laredo appears to be a mid-level model in terms of features and options and other than that, there isn't a lot to choose in terms of quality. Some models have upgraded appliances, furnishings and a few more features but the basic build quality is pretty much the same across the spectrum of models. They all come from the same plant, are built by the same folks, use the same construction materials and techniques.

All RV manufacturers have issues with their units and just because you might pay more for a unit is no guarantee that it will be trouble-free. Keystone is no different. If you carry out a thorough pre inspection and pay close attention to regular and frequent maintenance, you should be fine. Having said that, some problems will no doubt arise - some will be minor which, if you are at all handy, can be fixed yourself. Others may require the skills of an RV technician or someone with expertise in a particular area.

I am not going to comment on floor plans or features. What I like or wish I had really doesn't matter. It's what you like and need. Notice I said "need" and not "want". There is a difference! You are on your own here.

I hope you find a dealer that believes and practices "customer service" before, during and especially after the sale. When or if things go wrong, work with them and with Keystone in a calm, reasoned, and polite but firm manner. Pounding on the desk, making demands, whining, nit-picking, etc., are not good negotiating tactics and will accomplish little if anything at all.

In summary, we're happy with our Cougar. I hope you will be with your Laredo - should you buy it.