Thread: Hi folks
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
SalesRepGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjsimons View Post
Good luck on the new position. I can appreciate your honesty and interest in this forum. If you choose to use it correctly, it can be a very valuable tool in your sales. The advice offered above is something that you hear much of on this forum. The salesman that sold me my unit added a personal touch to his service. My son had seen a trailer brochure that had toys in some of the drawers. His question to the salesman only concerned himself as to if this new trailer would come with toys in it. My salesman made sure that it did. My son has not forgotten that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's awesome

I have already gotten up to speed with trailer life, and had a good laugh at the Gremlin pulling the toy hauler in a recent thread here. In fact, it is what made me decide to log on.

A used unit I sold the other day turns out to have a problem with its entertainment center, probably failed optics for reading the discs.

After digging in on the matter a little bit, I called the customer back concerning this little problem I learned of on a follow-up call after their delivery. I told them to go buy some canned air from the office supply and try that.

Since the prior owner removed their TV, we were unable to test the CD/DVD player as part of our thorough PDI.

Should the unit turn out not to work, I intend to personally replace it.

And, the next time I go recycle some electronics on my day off, I will also grab a few of the many flat screens I always see when I am there.

My Service Manager let me know the other day that they frequently fix "broken" flat screen TV's by replacing an internal fuse. Perhaps I can find a TV that has only that problem which can then become a shop item for use in testing used units that come in sans TV.
SalesRepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote