Thread: Hideout 29DFS
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #1
Brantlyj

Hideout 29DFS

Considering the linked trailer. This would be our first trailer so looking for any thoughts on it.

https://www.imperialrvcenter.com/def...avel%20trailer

A new floor plan this year and not seeing much about it. We like the floor plan overall. Not sure how much use that outside fireplace would get.
I love the hidden pantry but worried about how well it will hold up on that one long hinge. Lots of research shows that these trailers are pretty cheaply made with the finest of particle boards so concerned about all that weight on a single pivot point. I’m sure I can fabricate some sort of support though....
I’m also reading about how horrible the floors are in Keystones. Also looking at a comparable Coachman which uses t&g plywood. Not sure how much concern I should have over the two different materials.

The other question is what would be a fair price to negotiate? I was hopping for $20,000 plus a wd hitch and maybe include winterization since I would probably only get to do one or two shakedown trips before I would have to get it buttoned up for winter.

Because someone will ask my TV is a 2016 F250 6.2l gas

Thanks!
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote