View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #18
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeadows1 View Post
We park our 5th wheel on gravel in our backyard, which is fully enclosed by a wall. The RV is constantly plugged into a 20 amp outlet, we have laid led string lights on the ground around the RV, and the lights are constantly lit. The string lights encompass the landing gears, tires, rear stabilizer jacks, and the power card where it rises up into the RV.

In addition to the lights, our dog has the run of the yard, and our two cats exit and enter our sticks and bricks home as they please.

Between the lights, dog, and cats, we have nary a problem with rodents in the RV.

Additionally, we don’t store food or drink in the RV, and from March through November, we have all points of the RV, which touch the ground, sprayed monthly by the exterminator when he sprays the sticks and bricks home.

Finally, I make it a point to keep the grass and weeds cut low and trimmed back from the RV, so as not to encourage insects from getting too close to the RV, which might, in turn, cause rodents from following the insects to, and into, the RV.
All good points. We have had our trailer stored in our pole barn with power connected, but never left light on or anything. We cleaned the trailer out completely. I have sealed the entire thing, and I now leave lights on as well. We did get the pole barn treated by exterminator as well. It's been a few weeks since we found these critters had set up camp in my trailer.

I checked it tonight after work, and no sign of any further activity.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
dwdlt is offline   Reply With Quote