View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
KeithInUpstateNY

I've had good luck with the EverStart group 29 batteries from Walmart. They are only about $100, and they come with a 24 month full replacement warranty. The warranty is good from the date of purchase with your receipt or the date on manufacture on the battery without it. I had to replace one under warranty in the last fifteen years, but I've had multiple batteries that have lasted 5-6 years. The key is proper maintenance. I tried upgrading to AGM batteries a couple of years ago, but the OEM charge controller in most trailers does not have the correct charging profile for AGM batteries, so I've taken them to my cabin to use with my solar system there and gone back to the EverStart batteries for my trailer. I have two wired in parallel because I boondock most of the summer. I did have to have a an adapter made for my battery tray to accommodate two group 29 batteries. Always purchase batteries in pairs for use in parallel as your system is only as good as the weaker of the two batteries.

Keith

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote