View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #9
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
How long is the slide? With the slide fully extended, is the sag still there?
The other side wall of the slide has no damage on it, but the floor in the corner is swollen, moist and moldy. The only reason I know this, is because it's wicking in from that darco wrap. I could only see the wet wood and remaining moisture after taking up the staples and lifting the darco up. We have since put a removable drip rail on the outside bottom edge to keep the water from running underneath on it, but I have concerns about the way it's supposed to perform. It let's water in, but not out? There are a couple TINY gouges in the darco, and honestly it almost looks like a boring bee hole. I filled them and haven't seen anymore. Is there maybe something we could do to "seal" the bottom completely? Like possibly a roof sealant or something similar (RV grade), do you think there is such a thing I could paint onto that darco to just seal it up altogether? Or just get the repair tape and put strips of it on all over? The site of water penetration had been eliminated via seams, but the slide bowing seems to me like it's because it's getting too much moisture.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote