View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollirg1 View Post
Even if you have a relatively new camper, you may want to check the condition of your LPG hoses.

We arrived at our campsite this past weekend and I attempted to brew some coffee on the stove. To my surprise, no flame. I had just filled the tanks, so I knew something was fishy. I went to my tanks and found one empty and when I switched to the other I heard the hissing sound of gas flowing. It turned out to be a large hole in the LPG hose that connects the tank selector to the RV.

What surprises me the most is that my RV is about a year and a half old and I don't use it all that much. Take a look at the attached photos to see how damaged that hose was.

I have installed a new hose and I will wrap it with some sort of protector as soon as I am able so that it is protected on future trips.
Both my hoses where dry rotted last year and leaking . I posted pics of the hoses removed from 2015 every propane hose should be inspected . I believe some body stands and makes hoses for rvs they walk out in the yard an get 100 foot roll of dry rotten hose .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote