View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #36
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I'm a bit late seeing your post John. But, yes I did some research, but that only involved calling PullRite. They told me there is no state that requires safety chains for their hitch. They said that quite confidently, for what that's worth. Either just before or just after I bought the hitch I bought a Curt gooseneck kit...safety chains and loops for the Ram pucks. My issue is connecting the chains to the pin box hitch. I think Andersen sells long shanked eye bolts for their hitch. I should call PullRite again and ask about metallurgy for eye bolts. There is the issue of say, desiring a grade 5 bolt so that it would bend rather than a grade 8 that would shear.
Yes I have sat in too many "Management of Change" meetings. LOL
If I had it to do all over I would go straight to a Reese Goosebox. I just saw one at the races in Charlotte that is 20K rated but 4K pin weight. I thought they were all 16K. That's a little light on pin weight for me. That gooseneck ball being the only thing in the bed between towing and a clean bed sure looks appealing.
Update...I've been trading emails with PullRite and, behold!, they have a revised adapter plate that will accept safety chains. I have a new adapter on the way next week.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote