View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #9
wiredgeorge

Guys, I was confused about a 2008 Cougar model and only had the VIN so I contacted Keystone and a super nice lady answered me and this is her signature on her email:

(NAME DELETED FOR PRIVACY REASON)
Owner Relations
Keystone, Dutchmen & Crossroads
Phone: (866) 425-4369
Fax: (866) 273-1451

-------- A person far more knowledgeable than I explained that temporary management shakes ups in the two non-Keystone lines put the support for those lines on the Keystone plate. The temporary likely has become non-temporary and it would seem support for Dutchman and Crossroads which are in very close proximity to Keystone are now under the purview of Keystone. When and if support rolls back to the separate RV lines is unclear but having worked for large businesses, sounds like they are trying to save a buck and have adopted the "do more with less" philosophy to save a buck perhaps. Support for Keystone products may not improve if more is on the plate of the Keystone staff. Dunno... time will tell.

This may be an underlying factor in why warranty claims are not readily being approved and why some patience and persistence may be needed to get the RV lines to bless repairs on their shoddy workmanship.

A Texas RV selling chain Fun Town started their own PDI facility up in Indiana to try and catch some of this trouble prior to it being dumped into the lap of their dealerships. I understand they had a hard time finding staff but dealers are looking at this as selling junk hurts THEIR business. Jayco also opened a third PDI facility in Middlebury IN to try and stem the flow of problem product to dealers. Hopefully this will catch on with other lines and mega-dealerships. Camping World is a major Keystone dealer and I can't see them going in this direction, sadly.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote