View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

On previous models (before In Command) the furnace and air conditioner were both "interfaced" in the A/C control unit located inside the roof mounted A/C. If the thermostat fan switch is set to HI or LOW, when the thermostat calls for heat, the furnace will ignite AND the A/C fan will turn on. BOTH fans, the furnace and the A/C will operate. That "A/C control box" is probably the same unit that was "modified for use with the In Command" system.

If so, then replacing the A/C control box in the rooftop unit will allow the thermostat to "talk to the furnace" even when the ambient temperature is below 40F....

The above is my "just a hunch" explanation. I'm guessing we'll see a "limited recall" similar to the 2015 Cougar "glass panel control switch" limited recall. The factory essentially "paid for replacement glass panels after the one year warranty expired" and on some "problematic units" replaced the glass panel with manual switches. My guess is the 40F ambient issue will be handled the same way, once Keystone and ASA Electronics figure it out and know the system works, a fix will be available for those owners who have problems, but since it's not a NHSTA safety item, a "full recall" probably won't be done....

The In Command system is a "partnered exclusive" between ASA Electronics and Keystone. ASA is also the manufacturer for Jensen, Voyager, Polk and Advent.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote