View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #9
GHen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I'm not looking to discount what you've suggested but could you clarify how running a 12 v line contains a greater degree of risk than what you are suggesting? Stereo shops and teenagers have been doing essentially the same thing by installing large 12 v DC amplifiers in the trunks of cars for many years.

True, low amp draw items do not create a risk and I’m not suggesting you are a DIY, but others reading this may be. It’s possible to potentIally start adding more items on a bigger inverters than the original tv or stereo plan. As other suggested, a long distance from one end of a 5r to the other would suggest a heavier gauge wire and I would add a ground cable all the way from the batteries also. 30’ of 10 gauge is different that a teenager pulling 4‘ of 16 gauge to a low amp dash mounted stereo. But those stereo shops with experience pull 6-10 gauge to those big amps, they understand that 12 volts will run hotter than 110v. The more heat, the more potential for fire, just suggestion caution and planning. I’ll locate my big inverters closer to the batteries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote