View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 03:49 AM   #12
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
My original bolts were 1/4" but I replaced them with 3/8" grade 5 bolts and nylocks. That meant drilling the holes slightly larger. The original holes were "a little sloppy" and the jack wobbled on the bolts when they were loose and the jacks moved a bit when they were tight and in use. So, I drilled the same size hole as the bolts and that eliminated all the slop. Call me "paranoid" but I also used star washers on the bolt head side and lock washers on the nut side of each bolt (as well as the nylocks). If it wasn't a concern, I'd just weld the jacks in place, but with the potential to drag them over something and damage them (making a replacement necessary) I would install them permanently, but that would mean more work if I ever damaged one. So, they remain "bolt on jacks" for a reason.

My guess is that your mount bolts are probably 1/4" standard bolts, but that's only a guess.

If you do get a good reading on exactly what Keystone is doing in the recall, please post it so we all can be aware of what's going on....

Do you have the screw scissor type stabilizers? The 1/4" bolts sound kinda small!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote