View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
Mandolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM View Post
Maureen and John -- thank you both very much for your input. My Hideout will arrive either tomorrow or friday, and then the fun begins. The dealership has already agreed to remove the sofa-sleeper, and I've ordered a recliner that has the back that comes off. As recliners go, this one tends more to the petite side versus the oversize, so I think it'll work out without a "catastrophic" squeeze play through the doorway. I shall sit in my recliner and ponder the dinette situation. I travel alone, live alone, and really don't need seating for 4. When I get things organized and changed around, I'll send pics. Again, thanks.
Sitting and contemplating is a good idea. A lot of the dinettes are not really seating for 4, they are roomy seating for 2. Our trailer has a u-shaped dinette that takes the entire end wall of the trailer and we had 4 adults for breakfast & dinner and it was, ummm, very cozy (of course, we are used to it being just the two of us).

I use the table a lot for various projects and for using my computer and I like a comfier seat than just a folding chair. I did take the seat cushions to an upholsterer and had them put in much firmer foam, which I really like. Plus they said that a few years down the road if the foam starts to compress, it can be steamed back in to shape.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote