View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #2
Mandolin

I have a Hideout 21FQWE - we have replaced/added/rebuilt a few of the cabinets, and the flooring under the dinette benches and inside the cabinets under the sink is the same flooring as the rest of the trailer, implying that the floor was installed before the cabinets.

The dinette benches should have storage underneath, either through a door or the seat of the dinette lifting. You are going to have to look inside and see if the flooring runs under. It shouldn't be hard to tell if the flooring is contiguous (ie: laid down with no break) or if the flooring was put in after the dinette was in. I wouldn't be too sure that the flooring wouldn't have scrapes or marks on it from the install of the dinette benches that you might see after you took the benches out. The dinette benches have a base frame that is screwed to the floor and the screw holes will need to be filled. You can probably find a filler that sort of matches them.

I get what you are trying to do, but I'd probably leave the dinette bench on the closet side and just remove the one closest the door. The other thing to check through the dinette storage is the wall on the "closet" behind the dinette bench - does the decorative veener go all the way down to the floor or when the dinette bench is removed will you see just plywood (or press board or whatever it is). Another choice would be to just shorten the dinette bench right there to be only the width of the closet.

To widen the galley kitchen, if you removed/alter the dinette benches you could also turn the table the other way - measure first to make sure it won't block the door. We have the big u-shaped dinette at the back of our trailer and we turned the table 90° -ours is on stand-alone folding legs though, not the piers yours seem to be on.

I know that the doors are pretty much standard through most Keystone models and they manage to get recliners in some of them - they look on the slim side, though, so a big bulky recliner might not fit.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote