View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #8
bill-e

I thought about what I had posted during the day but you guys beat me to the punch as both those boards are 12v.

That being said it seems unlikely that two control boards on two different appliances would die just because propane had run out....something that happens all the time to campers.

Perhaps one of the forum's EE's can weigh in but it seems to me the common denominator is still power. It could be a faulty converter or it still could be dirty AC causing excessive ac ripple on the converter's 12v DC output.

As a previous poster commented, when you run out of propane the appliance tries to ignite for some number of cycles before it quits. Perhaps the load of the constant ignition tries exacerbate a bad power condition causing some component to overheat.

It would be great if you could put a scope on both the AC and DC while on shore and generator power and see what it looks like.

If it really was two bad control boards you should be OK in the future, if not it's likely to happen again even if you never run out of propane.

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote