View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 06:46 AM   #20
TickTock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperDave View Post
The frame "lip" faces to the inside, once I was able to get the plastic out of the way enough (had to cut it a little, then reseal) to ensure there was no wires, tanks, etc., I drilled a 1/8" pilot hole in the center of the lip. The gas line was just barely ran outside the lip. Then, I drilled 3/8" holes for the brackets.

The only thing that really made this a challenge was the front stabilizer jack location, they are mounted too far back to reach the center of the cross member behind the A-frame. I had to add a piece of 1" square steel tube across the frame in the front to make the side to side movement go away.

Hope this helps, sorry I don't have any pics yet. I will take and post when I can remember to take them. Hope this helps.
That does help. Just out of curiosity, which camper do you have? I am not sure that I will have the cross member issue but I am still reviewing the different configurations. Unfortunately their website is lite on pictures of travel trailers so it is hard to gauge all of the likely issues.

I have decided that I can probably make this work. It is just good to learn from others experiences. While it may have taken all of you a little longer as first time installers, rest assured the information provided is valuable to the rest of us! So thanks.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote