View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #5
canesfan

If you've got one of the "new and improved" versions where Keystone decided it was advantageous to NOT have a gravity fill, you have some work to do. With no water hookups and no gravity fill you will need a source of water (blue 6 gallon water jugs from Wmart or elsewhere or a bladder) and a pump and some extra hose.

Or...

There have been several discussions on here about this very thing. It has been discussed at length about filling the tank through the tank vent. That way you might be able to fill it like you were doing previously. Find your tank vent, take the little screen out of the opening, get a couple feet of small plastic tubing that will fit into the vent opening, making sure it is not wide enough to fill the entire opening, you need room to let air escape at the same time water is entering. I fashioned a hookup from a blue water jug to the plastic tubing by removing the spout and getting a plastic nipple to replace it and slid the tubing over the other end. This way I can dump water into the vent from the blue water jug. It's awkward because you have to lift 50 lbs of water almost shoulder high. With two of you you might be able to use the tubing and a funnel instead of what I described.

Good luck, it's a hassle, but it's doable.