View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarmsfull View Post
Appreciate these suggested options.

Wanted to apologize if this thread is in the wrong area as I see there is a "perspective owners" forum please move this if you need.

So DH and I are talking and really evaluating our needs now and in the future. Of the 4 dc who are still home full time 2 will be moving on (or at least most likely) as they become adults. When all dc are off DH and I are eyeing a sweet little micro type TT. We love the cozy feeling of those and we are drawn to them. However with 4 other people to house that's not practical. At this point our "perfect" TT is the Grand Touring 2670BHS we also like the 2400BH.

*want to add 21OURS to list of Possibles
We are browsing the F250/F350 diesel market as the reality is we should have bought a Pick up years ago. We are always hauling something besides kids! The Expedition has been a Wonderful vehicle and served us well. Never thought of a Van. I will pass this on to DH.

Thanks again,
T
IMO just keep browsing until you find a larger vehicle (truck) if you think there are other needs for it. Personally, we couldn't live without a truck because we are always loading up and hauling something somewhere for someone that doesn't have one - or for ourselves. The reasons I would suggest the truck are several (other than the above); you can carry "stuff" in them...lots of stuff, you can tow with them (large trailers), they are as comfortable as a car/van/SUV and they are more "stylish" than the aforementioned (I know, a very subjective view )

I know you are drawn to a micro trailer now, and they seem cool, but wait until you retire and try to spend a month in one. You may still love it but I suspect you will tire of it quickly. We spend months at a time in RV parks and I've seen maybe 1-2 (southern US). Buying the larger truck keeps your options open without having to go through all the hoops again; and as I said, I don't think you will be giving up a thing other than interior "people" room possibly. Good luck.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote